Alside represents over six decades of inspired innovation. Founded in 1947, Alside is a leading manufacturer of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets.
With headquarters in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Alside has over 3000 employees in its seven manufacturing facilities (Cuyahoga Falls OH; West Salem OH; Ennis TX; Cedar Rapids IA; Kinston NC, Bothell WA; Yuma AZ). Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of 100 Alside Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the country. Job Description SUMMARY:
The individual in this position assists in the leadership and direction for the market's warehouse operations and helps to ensure that the programs are aligned with the strategic goals of the Company. Components of this position include the inventory, warehouse execution, and personnel practices. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WAREHOUSE EXECUTION:
• Ensures warehouse operations and processes maximize efficiency and sales
• Responsible for accurate receiving and shipping of product
• Manage pulling process for accuracy and timeliness
• Completes required paperwork and provides to the appropriate department
• Ensures warehouse is up to company standards on appearance and functionality.
• Responsible for 5S in the warehouseKEY RESPONSIBILITIES INVENTORY:
• Partners with Operations Manager to ensure appropriate levels of inventory are on hand to maximize sales
• Reviews discrepancies from inventory and make appropriate corrections
• Ensures all merchandise is properly racked and tagged
• Assists Operations Manager with inventory and safety audits KEY RESPONSIBILITIES PERSONNEL PRACTICES:
• Assists in managing warehouse processes, directing work load, and dispatching drivers
• Monitors safety of warehouse operations and assists with training for new employees and periodic re- training for all those in the warehouse KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Manages Function of the operating warehouse
• Manage warehouse processes including receiving, put away, pulling, and loading trucks
• Responsible for initial new hire training, ongoing training and maintaining a safe work environment
• Follows and executes any additional direction sent out by the Operations Manager. PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
• Lift or move up to 100 lbs.
• Standing frequently
• Walking frequently
• Talking frequently
• Hearing frequently
• Usage of hands and fingers
• Reaching with hands and arms
• Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling occasionallyQualifications
- 3+ years Warehouse Management experience
- College preferred
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports, documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- 2+ years Wholesale Experience
- 2+ years Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience
- Wholesale or Home delivery service
- Basic Warehouse/Wholesale Operations
- Inventory Control
- Safety policies and processes
- Microsoft Office products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.