Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records in our Costa Mesa, CA manufacturing facility. This position is accountable for the overall optimization, control and movement of materials into and out of the location. Directs and administers warehouse management strategy, including inventory, warehouse stock control, warehousing, shipping, receiving, delivery of material to production lines.
People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems for a group that is engaged in receipt, warehousing, order filling, packing, shipping or delivery of material. Will act as first line leader to deploy Schneider management system such as SPS / WMS and relative improvement actions. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if you have:
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: Filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.), ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Manages overall activities of location such as receiving, shipping, etc., in compliance with space availability, production output, order requirements and business plans.
- Ensures resources are best utilized to achieve both short and long-term goals.
- Analyzes and evaluates problems with inventory, delivery, and/or sales orders. Recommends solutions. Provides periodic reports to management.
- May track sales shipments, delivery, billing and backlog activity.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and productivity of all material handling operations.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant warehouse experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Related experience in the high energy, fast paced industry.
- Familiarity with Oracle or other ERP system.
- Experience with lean methodologies.
- Power Industrial truck and Power pallet jack experience and/or certification.
- Technical / analytical / problem-solving / project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Position may require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 40 lbs. repeatedly over work period.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust and a limited exposure to fumes and odors.
- Be able to occasionally handle, as required, both hazardous and non-hazardous waste in a safe manner and in compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances.
- Able to stand continuously for extended periods of time
- Must be able to regularly ascend/descend ladders and/or stairs through the course of the day.
- Be able to follow posted factory regulations and safety rules.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.