Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision?
Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits, Tuition Reimbursement and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates that recognizes and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Airgas USA, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Warehouse Supervisor position at our branch in Fort Worth, TX
. This person performs warehousing, shipping, and receiving duties and drives a truck over established route to deliver products to customers.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, unpacks, examines, and documents incoming shipments.
- Process and/or returns damaged goods.
- Moves stock to and from shipping and receiving area to storage area.
- Prepares and routes merchandise for shipment.
- Perform back-up delivery driver duties as required.
- Assists in providing counter sales customer service.
- Releases daily invoices and completes all required hand written and computer generated documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Back up the VMI Technician.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
- Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Makes deliveries outside of regular route to provide customers with product. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Loads truck.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related product and/or sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with entering data into a computer. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid state CDL (Class A or B) with hazardous material and air brake endorsements. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.