Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Supervisor (food and beverage) for the Aramark operation at The Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL. SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the purchasing and storage of food, beverage and kitchen supplies from vendors. Evaluation of vendor quotes and services to determine the most cost effective suppliers. Utilize prudent buyer concepts according to established purchasing policies and procedures. Responsible for weekly inventory and organization of product, as well as the distribution of food, beverage and food supplies. Relies on experience and judgment and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. Works under limited supervision while reporting to the Executive Chef. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers.
- Is responsive to customer needs.
- Places all food, supply, and equipment orders for the Food and Nutrition Department Orders efficiently to establish par levels.
- Uses order guides, production sheets, menus, and catering requests to assure all products are on hand.
- Purchases in quantities that ensure an adequate stock at all time in accordance with established procedures.
- Orders special diet foods and supplements as necessary.
- Uses approved vendors unless otherwise directed.
- Prepares proper return material documentation for food and supplies to be sent back for credit.
- Assists Food and Nutrition employees, Supervisors, and Managers by providing information on back-orders, change of product, and inventory discrepancies.
- Keeps abreast of changes, additions and deletions of in the contract and agreement profile of all Group Purchasing Organizations which the hospital is a member.
- Receives, breaks down, and properly stores all department deliveries in a timely manner.
- Follow FIFO when putting orders away.
- Monitors deliveries for damaged, spoiled, or out of date items. Dates all perishable items properly.
- Conducts weekly inventory, keeps prices updated.
- Maintains all storage areas so that they are clean and organized. Spot checks storage areas for proper labeling and dating standards.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner as needed.
- Compliance with all Prima standards.
- Assists in maintaining Prima requirements including weekly menu maintenance, entering over/under for food usage, and invoice entry and linking.
- Adheres to established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT: Lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements:
Keying / Fingering: Constant
Lifting: Constant Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community