Warehouse Supervisor-Tampa Convention Center
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posted: October 13, 2017
Reference ID: 141518
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
This position is responsible for the purchasing and storage of food, beverage and kitchen supplies from vendors. Evaluation of vendor quotes and services to determine the most cost effective suppliers. Utilize prudent buyer concepts according to established purchasing policies and procedures. Responsible for weekly inventory and organization of product, as well as the distribution of food, beverage and food supplies. Relies on experience and judgment and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. Supervisor will oversee all daily operations of the warehouse with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
• Places all food, supply, and equipment orders for the Food and Nutrition Department
• Orders efficiently to establish par levels. Uses order guides, production sheets, menus, and catering requests to assure all products are on hand. Purchases in quantities that ensure an adequate stock at all time in accordance with established procedures. Orders special diet foods and supplements as necessary. Uses approved vendors unless otherwise directed.
• Prepares proper return material documentation for food and supplies to be sent back for credit.
• Assists Food and Nutrition employees, Supervisors, and Managers by providing information on back-orders, change of product, and inventory discrepancies.
• Keeps abreast of changes, additions and deletions of in the contract and agreement profile of all Group Purchasing Organizations which the hospital is a member.
• Receives, breaks down, and properly stores all department deliveries in a timely manner. Follow FIFO when putting orders away. Monitors deliveries for damaged, spoiled, or out of date items. Dates all perishable items properly. Conducts weekly inventory, keeps prices updated.
• Maintains all storage areas so that they are clean and organized. Spot checks storage areas for proper labeling and dating standards. Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner as needed.
• Compliance with all Prima standards.
• Assists in maintaining Prima requirements including weekly menu maintenance, entering over/under for food usage, and invoice entry and linking.
• Adheres to established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment.
• Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal regulations.
• Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
• Identify and recommend quality, comparable, products to increase return on investment and reduce cost of sales.
• Utilize transfer recap to pull orders.
• Verify all pulled items before loading onto trailers.
• Properly stack items to prevent damage of items and to prevent overloading of trailers.
• Utilize transfer slip for each stand to stock.
• If inventory is short on a particular item, report to management.
• Verify all stocking items before loading into stand.
• Assist Receiving, Loading and Stocking items in required environment. (Refrigerator, Freezer and Dry)
• After stocking is complete, verify deliveries to every stand on daily basis.
• Ensure that the load, stock and verification sheets are all signed.
• Report any discrepancies and follow up on reconciliation.
• Supervise and motivate warehouse employees to work as a team.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Manage time and attendance of staff.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
• Provide shipping, receiving and mail services including package receipt, delivery, tracking, mail pickup and delivery.
• Maintain records including retention of documents, entering purchase orders, shipping documents etc.
• Assist in front line asset tracking to include receipt, labeling and documenting.
• Warehouse is climate controlled.
• Lighting is fluorescent and incandescent.
• Refrigerator temperature is between 32 and 40 degrees.
• Freezer temperature is between -10 and 15 degrees.
• Dust is present.
• Outside temperatures up to 100 degrees, humidity present.
• Outside weather conditions present at times.
• Proper footwear required.
• All injuries must be reported immediately to the Manager on duty.
• Operating equipment using safety procedures.
• Physical strength and dexterity to perform essential functions.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, possible situations of lifting beer kegs weighing up to 160 pounds.
• Able to work well with subordinates and others.
• Punctual and dependable.
• Accurate paperwork. All invoices and transfers must stay on site.
• Ability to work steadily.
• Proper uniform.
• Ability to work flexible schedule.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic, basic reading and writing skills required.
In house certification for use of forklift, tractor, pallet jack, and cart operation.
KNOWLEDGE: Proper use of retractable razor blade. Blade is only to be used to open boxes or break boxes down for disposal.
Carefully adhere to proper lifting techniques. Individual not to exceed 75 pound lifting limit.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of warehouse experience required.
Minimum 3 years of supervisor experience preferred.
Food Service Experience required.