Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation's largest grocery store chain at our new location in Chesterfield, Michigan. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Our Warehouse Workers receive a competitive hourly rate of pay of $14.00 per hour PLUS earn up to $6.00 per hour performance bonus! Our associates also enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
The Warehouse Worker will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assemble orders onto pallets using pallet jacks.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Repetitively pick cardboard boxes and pallets.
- Move materials within the warehouse.
- Accurately assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
- Forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment may be used to transport product within the warehouse.
- Operate stand-up and sit-down forklifts, pallet jacks, and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated area
- Complies with all safety requirements.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Report and correct (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and all company safety requirements.
- Demonstrate care and respect for all equipment used.
- Maintain superior quality control by ensuring damaged products are identified, reported and removed promptly.
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling experience using hand/power tools and hand truck equipment preferred.
- Must be able to work varied schedule including weekends.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow directions, and basic math skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.