This position is responsible for safely and accurately handling and recording materials from reception of through issuance. The position is also responsible for safely loading the correct product and correct amount of product onto the designated truck and filling out all sections of the load sheet correctly. Individuals in this position also make sure all products are in perfect condition before receiving or shipping. Principal Accountabilities:
- Accurately set up materials for production line changeovers, and issue supplies to production orders.
- Respond when machine calls for materials. Have materials set up in time for changeovers to different products.
- Return unused materials at the end of the run and ensure materials will remain free of contamination in correct storage location.
- Be able to handle general warehouse functions including unloading trucks, stocking floor, accurately counting and recording inventory, keeping area clean and safe.
- Be involved with WMC through departmental activities to continuously improve overall plant performance.
- Ability to perform SAP (Batch Management) transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent GED
· Forklift experience- certification preferred
· Manufacturing/Warehouse experience preferred but NOT required
· Able to lift up to 50lbs Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Learn all principal accountabilities and functions of principle job within 90 days.
· Use math skills to calculate quantities accurately.
· Operating equipment in the Freezer (forklifts, wrappers, auto-palletizers, etc...)
· Become forklift and pallet jack qualified within 30 days.
· Stoop, bend and lift 57 lbs regularly.
· Ability to move and manoeuvre materials while safely utilizing the proper equipment.
· Ability to work safely in varying temperatures.
· Experience/familiarity with layer ties and cases per pallet.
· Previous experience with industrial powered equipment.
· Ability to acquire and sustain proper certification and testing to be qualified to drive shuttle vehicle for outside warehouse.
· Experience or formal training in inventory control or warehouse management, loading trucks, temperature pulping, filling out paperwork, and SAP experience. Working Environment:
Work is performed on the manufacturing floor or in the freezer/warehouse area. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, cold temperatures, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and safety-approved footwear.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.