The Warehouse/Relief Driver offers a diverse work experience for an energetic candidate.
The candidate will maintain a CDL B License with Haz Mat and driver a class B truck delivering goods to customers when the primary driver is unavailable, and will work with our Colorado Springs team to provide excellent service to our customers ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
Routing Duties / Relief Driver Duties:
• Develop shipments and delivery of orders each morning.
• Reconcile the trucks and complete DOT paperwork with the drivers.
• Pull product orders for driver deliveries.
• Create load sheets for drivers each afternoon.
• Participate in On-Call Duties / Hot-shot runs
• Maintain a class B CDL license with Airbrake and Haz-Mat Endorsements.
Coordinate all shipping and receiving
• Unload incoming delivery trucks from suppliers and vendors.
• Ensure all Freight is received and staged daily. Address all shortages and RGA's in a timely fashion.
• Visually inspect and receive incoming product.
• Post product receipts into the computer system.
• Put away incoming product.
• Pull back orders for branches and customers.
• Pull orders for will call customers.
• Load trucks for delivery to branches.
• Prepare outgoing UPS orders and enter information into computer.
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly working environment
• Corrects unsafe acts or conditions without delay
• Provide internal and external customers with prompt acknowledgment and service in a pleasant manner Other Duties as Required:
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position.
Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Class B CDL with Hazmat. *
Ability to routinely lift 25-50 lbs., and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs. *
Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours *
Ability to perform work requiring frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling are required. *
Ability to perform work requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets *
Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines *
Must be able to work overtime, when necessary
* Ability to understand CFR49, Parts 100-177 and have the ability to apply these regulations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills
* Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software *
Basic product identification of welding, safety, gases and supplies *
Forklift experience *
Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
• Warehouse and inventory control experience
• Customer service or sales experience. Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.