Job Description: Purpose / Mission:
Responsible for managing Power Solutions US Customer Warranty systems and plant data collection systems. Lead, develop, coordinate and implement quality systems that identify, collect, analyze and communicate key trends that drive improvement opportunities and actions. Provide leadership with internal and external customer warranty report outs that include warranty trend summaries as required and operations input on continuous improvement actions and effectiveness. Manage warranty system thorough efficient warranty claim validation, warranty data mining and statistical analysis. Provide Quality leadership in developing, coordinating, analysis and reporting of customer warranty data throughout the organization. Develop warranty analysts to support Customer warranty requirements. Report and analyze plant metrics for Quality Operating System including SPC. Functional Objectives:
Essential Duties :
- Provide strategic and organized warranty communications to OEM / AFMT customers on warranty status, trends and action plans supporting warranty improvements.
- Provide leadership in defining vision for warranty system standardization and report outs for customer programs. Support customer communications on program rational.
- Perform analytics on customer databases to identify warranty trends and risk mitigation customer opportunities.
- Administers customer cost sharing agreements and data analysis on claims management, support continuous improvement / warranty reduction plans within PS-US.
- Evaluates best business practices and leverage read across within PS-US manufacturing operations to define and direct strategies, procedures, standards, and targets for quality management and warranty cost reduction.
- Support cross functional teams to identify and develop risk mitigation strategies to proactively improve ongoing warranty performance.
- Extract and perform advanced statistical analysis on warranty and plant metrics related data.
- Identify, investigate, and report anomalies, spikes, high cost areas out-of-line with the goal of reducing warranty cost and improving plant metrics.
- Develop warranty analysts supporting Customer requirements and Quality Engineering analyzing statistical data.
- Provide leadership and direction of customer warranty programs and administration thereof.
- Create standardized documentation to support Customer warranty programs.
- Lead warranty analysis required to understand performance differences by product, defect codes, vehicles and locations. Provide product performance predictions in market based on proposed commercial, design, material and process changes.
- Establish, standardize and maintain quality operation systems that effectively monitors product performance trends and drives improvement that result in improved customer satisfaction.
- Lead and coordinate communication of report out of key quality metrics including QOS.
- Track warranty and process results and trends ensuring actions are taken to comply with Customer requirements.
- Provide expertise in statistical methodology / concepts and problem solving to plants.
- Meet with and identify internal and external customer needs.
- Provide direction and expertise to department regarding information / data systems.
- Support activities to improve our product's reliability despite the market conditions.
- Identifies and lead plant improvement actions as required.
- Develop and issue necessary reports and communications to division, plants and customers regarding variations from standards and other critical information as necessary.
- Provide training and audits on key warranty requirements as needed.
- Manages and develops Warranty Analysts and Quality Engineers.
- Support Quality Operations Initiatives as needed.
- Qualifications - Education and Professional Knowledge:
- Bachelor Degree in related field (Quality, Engineering, Industrial, etc.) or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in quality/reliability engineering and data analysis, operation analytics preferably automotive industry.
- Strong leadership, and management skills required. Possess ability to manage remote team members.
- Certified by ASQ as a Quality Engineer or equivalent preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Quality tools and data required.
- Strong knowledge of PC software applications (Microsoft Office, Minitab, Life Data Analysis/Predictive Modeling) and demonstrated computer skills to perform statistical analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytic capabilities / detail oriented person
Position is in an office environment. Requires up to 25% travel.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.