Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Waste & Recycle Driver in Denali National Park has a Class A CDL and drives a tractor trailer, shuttle bus, 1or 2 ton truck, or other large vessel hauling vehicle. Drivers in this position are required to operate an efficient, consistent, safe and timely service. Drivers are experienced customer service focused drivers; comfortable lifting heavy loads and willing to help out wherever needed. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Must complete a daily vehicle inspection form prior to driving
- Ensure a pleasant and clean atmosphere is maintained in the vehicle at all times
- Utilize all safety equipment available, always wear a seat belt when driving
- Operate semi tractor, 2 ton truck and 1 ton truck transporting supplies and equipment to and from designated locations or towing large vessels out of the lake
- Drivers are required to drive defensively, safely and cautiously at all times and in all situations
- Often drivers are the first contact a guest may have with the company so it is important that they make an outstanding first impression
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests; to ensure a good positive representation of Aramark Parks and Destinations is demonstrated at all times
- Fuel, clean and inspect vehicle when required, report malfunctions to Transportation Office
- Drivers must ensure all vehicle log books are completed including rider-ship information log
- Work with Transportation Office dispatcher ensuring any special requests and group requests are completed
- May be required to do maintenance and safety inspections on service trucks, pickups, trailers and other vehicles. This includes: checking and changing oil and tires, lights and general vehicle condition
- Take vehicle to bus wash when necessary
- Drivers may be required to serve as warehouse drivers transporting and delivering equipment and other supplies
- May be required to assist with clerical work, answering phones, working as a dispatcher and other office duties
- Dry Storage Drivers may be required to sell and dispense propane, following federal dispensing laws by only dispensing propane into bottles with OPD under 10 lbs. These drivers may also be required to occasionally operate a cash register in some circumstances - handling cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Drivers must understand the machinery and chemicals used
- Drivers must be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- The Waste & Recycle Driver reports to the Transportation Manager
- Drivers must have strong communication skills and be comfortable using the company radio
- Excellent record keeping skills are required
Qualifications: Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required:
- Two (2) years in solid waste environment.
- Current valid Commercial Driver's License.
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment.
Full range mobility outdoors, indoors and in confining areas. Visual acuity. Must be able to sit/stand and work as long as eight (8) hours in different positions. Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs. Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and weather extremes. Other Desired Qualifications:
- Must possess flexibility towards work assignments and be a team player.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local rules, regulations and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.