Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.I. Job Summary
The Refinery & Petrochemical Process Tech I is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining process equipment. This person will be required to safely operate Thermal Desorption Technology, Centrifuge Technology and/or chemical treatment. II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists job site construction.
- Operates and maintains site process equipment.
- Records and maintains daily operations and preventive maintenance logs.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited).
- Experience: None required (in addition to education).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Basic Plus Safety Training
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Must not be color blind.
- Must have the ability to operate an all-terrain forklift
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Additional weekend and alternating night shifts may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
Normal setting for this job is: Customer site. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.