How do you get athletes and exercisers to play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you lower salt by 25 to 50 percent without taking away the taste people love? How do you balance biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local ecosystems? At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our global team of scientists, engineers, and quality professionals are working to develop new products that can improve people's diets and their lives. Join our team of experts who use the most advance technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every day
Leads global research and development projects in the water/waste water processing area. The knowledge and technologies developed are those that will transform the global competitiveness and environmental sustainability of our beverage businesses and give us sustainable competitive advantages in the manufacture of new beverages.
- Translates research objectives into project goals; plans and leads project teams; effectively communicates project status to stakeholders
- Establishes partnerships with appropriate Global R&D groups, Global Quality Assurance teams and Global Operating Divisions to provide proof-of-principle. Transfers knowledge and supports the development and inital commercialization of new technologies
- In conjunction with lab and pilot plan managers, oversees the proper management ( safety & quality) of lab & pilot plant processes, supplies, instruments, and equipment
- Spends significant percentage of time in lab or pilot plant generating data and pursing technical solutions
- Leads preparation of technical publications ( internal and external to PepsiCo), patent applications, presentations at R&D Forums, and presentations to senior management.
- BS in Engineering with 5 years relevant industrial experience
- Graduate degree preferred
- Experience designing industrial treated water systsems and wastewater systsems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments in a Food/Beverage Company
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Extensive cross-functional experience, preferably cross-divisional
- Experience leading/coordinating cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence, collaborate and communicate both above and below level
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.