Approximately 15,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an experienced Water Treatment Process Engineer to be located in the Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, PA. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center @www.airproducts.com/careers and apply to Job Req # 21841BR.
The Water Treatment Process Engineer will have two primary roles. The first is to support all the water treatment needs for the plants proposed and produced by the Process Gases Product Line team. The water treatment needs for these plants include steam and condensate systems, medium/high pressure process gas heat recovery boilers/coils, gas-fired boilers, cooling towers, heat recovery steam generators, water purification (e.g., ion exchange, reverse osmosis, filtration), and steam turbines. This role will be accountable for estimating, specifying and designing all the required water treatment programs and required treatment systems/equipment to enable both the proposed and successful Process Gas opportunities to meet the expected levels of reliability, efficiency, and operating costs.
The second role associated with this position will be as a Process Engineer in our Process Gases Product Line team. This will be a diverse role with responsibilities including activities like development of heat and material balances, work with the ASPEN process simulation package, development of Process Flow Diagrams, development of P&ID's, Process specifications for various equipment, development of plant operational logic, participation in hazard reviews, Participation in 3D model reviews, and field commissioning activities. Technology's supported by our team will include both high temperature gas processing plant (Hydrogen Plants-Steam Methane Reformers, Gasifiers, and CO2 capture Amine based Plants as well as Cryogenic Hydrocarbon plants, CO and Syngas Cold Boxes, Nitrogen Rejection Units, and Helium Recovery units. COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION: DELIVER SAFETY
When it comes to safety at Air Products ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE.
Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. Air Products people have the capability and determination to make "zero" happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment. DRIVE RESULTS
Air Products' proud heritage of core values remain deep after 75 years in business. Employees act with accountability and make appropriate and timely decisions. Focus on collaboration and implementing decisions drive results to success.
B.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred; Chemistry degrees will be considered.
BENEFIT PLANS AND PROGRAMS - A valuable part of your total compensation:
- Looking for five to ten years in water treatment systems specification and/or design; of water treatment systems, cooling towers, ion exchange demineralizers and reverse osmosis.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to grow as a more traditional Process Engineer supporting the design of our Process Gases plants.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to foster an environment of open communication, innovation, and trust.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of industrial gas technologies, processes, and/or plants is beneficial. Additional plant experience will be considered - e.g. refinery operations and processes, water treatment facilities.
- Operations support experience, including plant trouble-shooting experience is beneficial.
- Quantitative, value-driven, decision making.
- Travel throughout World (primarily USA and Canada) as required; expected travel level is 10-20%.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan - Core Contribution / Company Match
- Eight Paid Holidays and 3 Flexible Holidays
- 3 weeks' vacation in your first year
- Company-paid Life Insurance
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.