Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
The Water Treatment System Specialist (WTSS) will provide field service support for B Braun Medical's Avitum Division. This includes performing on-site and telephone technical support on Avitum products for customers in accordance with B. Braun documented policies and procedures. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Respond expediently to service requests for equipment maintenance from management and to properly coordinate necessary activities with both internal and external customers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures. Not limited to, but emphasizing corresponding IFU and service manual documented processes, travel policy, legal compliance policy, expense reporting policy, corporate credit card policy, and company vehicle policy.
- Complete and maintain with accuracy all associated paperwork and service reporting mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate and repair equipment within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Provide leadership and assist customers with the configuration and planning of water treatment systems.
- Participate in water treatment projects to determine proper configuration of components and bill of materials. Cross function with other teammates involved with each project to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Install and test options including secondary ring within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Perform field upgrade procedures within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Promote the B Braun Medical/Avitum brand by assisting Sales with equipment evaluations, meetings, and information requests.
- Accurately maintain and account for an assigned inventory of spare parts and essential work tools.
- Organize local help to assist with handling and moving WTS components.
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems and concepts. Possess the ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedures and drawings. An understanding of the water treatment products and standards, concepts and terminology is highly preferred
- Familiarity with medical products and GMP.
- Good customer management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide support resolution through alternative mediums such as phone support and email.
- Ability to oversee a designated territory, analyze and report customer's problems
- Ability to operate standard electronic and dialysis specific test equipment
- Plumbing Skills for use with PVC, nylon, copper and PEX materials
- Technical Certification or Associate Degree
- Knowledge of central water treatment systems and associated pre-treatment devices including ring piping, used for hemodialysis.
- Plumbing skills related water ring pipe used in hemodialysis and interconnecting core components.
- Computer skills including CAD programs
- Must be able to travel 70-90% of work week with tools and parts by air or car making local or extended trips.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends with minimum notification is required.
- Minimum of five years Field Service experience with class II medical devices including central water treatment systems used for hemodialysis..
- Experience in the Dialysis industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.