Minimum Job Requirements: High school diploma or GED. Ability to pay attention to detail. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English. Ability to read and understand equipment operations manuals, basic electrical and mechanical drawings and to perform maintenance tasks (after training) as related to wastewater equipment. Ability to work eight-hour shifts, 12-hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required. Ability to participate in an "on-call" schedule. Valid Michigan driver's license.
Summary: Operate and maintain water and wastewater treatment systems and associated equipment and keep appropriate records documenting compliance to permit requirements. Assist in site efforts to consistently demonstrate adherence to all applicable safety and environmental regulations. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under the Paw Paw Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) and Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001). Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Safety and Cost objectives.
- Operate Water Reclamation Plant and associated equipment
- Operate Water Treatment Plant and associated equipment
- Monitor storm water basins and outside storage areas
- Resolve minor equipment technical issues
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all plant standards.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties
- Maintain accurate records and logs
- Operate all testing lab equipment and properly conduct sampling tests.
- Generate work orders
- Troubleshoot and correct problems during equipment operation.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, Company rules, and policies.
- Identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Conduct safety tours of site once per shift to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Conduct periodic audits of the production areas to determine chemical or water usage
- Record utility meter readings
- Update Excel spreadsheets of water and wastewater metrics
- Minor outdoor clean-up activities
- Attend pre-treatment course(s) and obtain passing grade(s)
- Ability to obtain the following certifications within two years:
- A-1h: Non-Contact Cooling Water
- A-1i: Storm Water Management - Industrial Site
- C-3a: Activated Sludge
Drinking Water Certification
- S-5: Limited Treatment - Noncommunity Supply
- Certify as "technician level" Hazardous Materials Responder as part of the site Haz-Mat Team
- Obtain forklift license and personnel lift operator certification within certification period
Working Conditions: Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, indoor/outdoor transition, heights, high noise levels, wet conditions, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
Equipment Used: Common laboratory equipment, personal computer, forklift, hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals and MSDSs. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, safety toe shoes/boots and hearing protection. Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.