The Data Management Consultant
will work with State Medicaid and State Employer clients and account teams on projects involving database design and construction, data quality assessment and healthcare analysis. Essential Responsibilities
As a member of our Data Management team, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the client manager and account team to identify and understand the clients' healthcare information needs.
- Assure that data management projects are delivered on time, within scope of client use and within budget.
- Develop, maintain and document database design and data enhancement specifications, and present these to the client.
- Design, maintain, execute and document database tests and support user acceptance testing.
- Instruct clients on database structure, data quality, documentation, and software applications.
- Recognize and manage out-of-scope activities so appropriate actions can be taken.
- For each update, execute all DM test cases, document results, obtain supervisor sign-off, and work on resolving failed test cases prior to proceeding with the update.
- Identify root cause of data quality issues, complete complex data investigations and resolve data quality issues during testing.
- Gain understanding of tools, such as ETL or other Data investigation tools.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.