It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being. Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible. IBM Watson uses Cognitive Computing to tackle some of humanity's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer or transforming how Life Science businesses research and develop their products.
Ideally, your role will be located in North Eastern US
As the Deputy Chief Health Officer - Life Sciences
- Provide clinical leadership in the design and development of solutions and engagement with key stakeholders to support meaningful use of Watson Health solutions
- Engage with key stakeholders and institutions and build relationships with potential clients to advocate the use of innovative informatics and technology within the Life Science industry
- Ensure excellence in customer relationships by communicating needs from clinicians to technology leads and vice versa to deliver solutions aligned with client's organizational objectives
- Provide clinical expertise to the company's research and publication work
- Support compliance with accrediting and certifying bodies and federal, state and local agencies. Collaborate with the Chief Health Officer and other Deputies, Business Leads, Strategy, Product Offering Leads, Go-to-Market Leads, and Quality Management team.
As a SME contemporary clinician who understands major trends in life sciences/biotech and understanding of industry workflow you have responsibilities in three overarching areas;
Develop Product Insights:
- Provide strategic life science/biotech expertise to offering management and innovation teams to inform high value solution development/improvements and intuitive, seamless workflow design.
- Collaborate among quality management and product offerings teams to ensure quality and safety of solutions.
Execute Client Opportunity:
- Provide life science/biotech expertise for key customer engagements during use case definition and solution design and implementation.
- Facilitate opportunities of collaborations by brokering trust and understanding among key industry stakeholders.
Engage External Market and IBM Network:
- Engage with key health/healthcare stakeholders (e.g., KOLs, life science assoc., government, policy organizations, etc.) to inform and shape cognitive health marketplace and represent IBM Watson Health point of view.
- Develop publication strategy (especially for top tier professional journals), including clinical trials/health services research strategy, to demonstrate effectiveness, guide innovation, and support go-to-market efforts
- Collaborate with corporate citizenship organization to drive and execute on Watson Health mission for underserved, needy, global communities.
- Engage clinical professionals across IBM to foster a strong network and community and harness clinical expertise to individually and collectively fuel Watson Health/IBM Healthcare innovation and go-to-market efforts
- Help establish and communicate Watson Health mission and develop shared language within IBM network
You should possess:
- Broad understanding of most of the functions involved in the development of a life sciences product
- Strong business mindset and industry experience outside of clinical setting
- Strategic and innovative thinking with experience in business development/consultative sales around use of technology and workflow redesign in life science setting
- Experience in informing design and development of innovative life science solutions using technology, data, and new models of care
- Strong leadership, team building and people skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.