Watson Health Imaging is looking for looking for a DevOps Engineer who has deep understanding DevOps process and tooling. We need a passionate individual who can lead DevOps culture, process and technology across teams in development, QA and operations through teamwork and collaboration. We're looking for strong coding, scripting and business process re-engineering skills to help transform our development cycles to make it more iterative and agile. In this role, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering, test and operations team to develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software to various platforms. If you possess the following qualities, please join our team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools and automated test tools
- Understanding of deployment tools to ensure faster and better deployment with minimal errors
- Be an evangelist for DevOps culture through education on the values of DevOps, Principles, Methods, Practices, and Tools
- Define DevOps goals and metrics across functional teams and business
- Infrastructure automation - create the systems, OS config, and app deployment as code
- Work directly with development team to get build, test, deploy their apps in a fast and automated manner
- Support engineering teams and automating processes to improve dev ops productivity.
- Deploying continuous integration and deployment pipelines for microservices supporting containers and auto scaling
- Drive process re-engineering via automation and tools
- Research, evaluate, and developing new tools to improve product development efficiency
Location: This position can be located in either San Jose, CA, Cambridge, MA, Raleigh, NC, Hartland, WI, or Toronto, ON
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years programming, architectural or developer experience
- Linux OS and shell scripting languages
- Working knowledge of DevOps toolchain
- Working knowledge of Source Code version control such as SVN, Git, or RTC
- Knowledge of the dev ops ecosystem including testing, analytics, internal deployments
- Continuous integration tools, Maven, Jenkin etc.
- Experience with developing automated build scripts for java projects
- Knowledge and experience with the application and tools (Apache, IBM Liberty, Urban Code, virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes)
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.