IBM Watson Health is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations today. New opportunities are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
The Rapid Development is a team of Scientists and Cognitive Software Developers within IBM Watson Health Imaging. In collaboration with cross-functional Watson Health teams, IBM Research and external partners, the team develops cognitive solutions that combine imaging and clinical data to enhance clinical decision making. The team is responsible for developing and validating robust and scalable cognitive services (text analytics and image analytics) and applications, including validation and evaluation of technologies being transferred from Research and other collaborators. The team follows Agile and DevOps methodologies to enable rapid iteration and responsiveness.
We are looking for self-motivated and driven candidates that are passionate about working on cutting edge technologies and that thrive in a highly collaborative environment. Job Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will be expected to have:
- Design and development of robust algorithms and techniques using text analytics, image analytics, computer vision and machine learning
- Rapid development and validation of cognitive solutions by using and/or enhancing existing methodologies, frameworks and architecture
- Development of criteria for testing algorithm and system's cognitive performance objectively from end-user and market perspective
- Performance evaluation and testing of algorithms and systems on test and real clinical data
- Analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems
- Evaluation of algorithms and solutions to support technology transfer from collaborators to Watson Health Imaging's Development teams
- Support collection and annotation of data for algorithm development and evaluation
- Research and recommend algorithms, tools and solutions in alignment with Watson Health's strategy
- Integration of cognitive systems and components in Watson Health architecture, including Watson Health cloud
- Collaboration with cross-functional and external teams, as well as clinical partners in support of Watson Health's offering roadmap
- Planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with minimum supervision
- Conduct product development in compliance with Watson Health's methodology, practices and Quality Management system.
- 3-5+ years' experience solving real-world problems
- 3-5+ years' of experience in Machine Learning algorithms, including deep learning and statistical models
- 3-5+ years' of experience in either Image Processing / Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Strong knowledge of either (a) medical imaging domain, having applied computer vision and machine learning techniques on modalities such as X-ray, CT, MR, Ultrasound, etc. or (b) clinical information analytics domain, having applied NLP and machine learning techniques on unstructured data in EMRs
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Software engineering skills in developing or modifying large-scale software systems where scalability, availability, performance and security are important;
- Interest or experience with healthcare information protocols and common interoperability standards, such as IHE, HL7, DICOM, XDS and IHE, and healthcare systems such as PACS, EMR, EHR, HIS and RIS;
- Demonstrated communication and cross-functional collaboration skills;