The Leader, Federal is responsible for serving as a business leader in IBM Watson Health's Federal business. The Leader, Federal will be responsible for supporting federal clients, including the technology, data, and analytics that are needed to best address their current and future needs. The Leader, Federal will oversee research and consulting teams in projects that apply cutting edge data analytic methodologies and techniques. These projects focus on evaluating policies and interventions to improve the cost, quality, and access of the U.S. health care system, and are completed under the direction of U.S. Health and Human services agencies.
The Leader, Federal will be accountable for the financial performance, on-time delivery and quality of these contracts. The Leader, Federal is also accountable for contributing to the growth of the Watson Health federal business, in conjunction with Watson Health's sales and account leadership. The Leader, Federal will work with current and prospective federal agency clients to gain a thorough understanding of their healthcare business needs and how Watson Health can best meet their needs. This will in part be achieved by cultivating relationships with leadership of current and prospective federal agency clients.Business Development
Operational and Financial Management
- Provide thought leadership and implementable direction to drive Watson Health capabilities into new and existing federal markets.
- Work collaboratively with Watson Health senior leadership and technical experts to develop new intellectual capital and offerings by leveraging the company's existing capabilities (people, process, or technologies/products).
- Develop and execute business development plans in conjunction with leadership, business consulting, and systems delivery groups to meet or exceed division revenue goals.
- Develop relationships with teaming partners for future business opportunities.
- Maintain regular contact with senior and executive-level decision makers in relevant federal government agencies and among health industry leaders to communicate market changes to internal Watson Health leaders.
- Build effective relationships and a collaborative environment with Watson Health cross-functional teams to deliver compelling presentations, demonstrations and proposals that result in new business revenue.
Recruitment and Staff Development
- Lead internal operations of a department (finance, reporting, risk management, forecasting, etc.) and hold accountability for department revenue goals.
- Engage effectively in complex negotiations with prospective clients and teaming partners around business commitments and the details of business proposals.
- Engage as a senior leader in complex delivery challenges both at the onset of new engagements as well as in existing contracts, designing successful delivery operations on new contracts or troubleshooting delivery problems on existing contracts.
- Proactively and consistently identify labor and subject matter expertise demands. Recruit consulting leaders and delivery professionals for prospective engagements at Watson Health.
- Manage a variety of staff, including but not limited to consultants, programmers, researchers, analysts, managers, and statisticians. Set annual goals and monitor staff performance.
- Champion overall federal vision and goals as a senior leader in the federal group
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.