The Medical Oncology Subject Matter Expert (SME)
will provide clinical leadership in the sales and development of solutions and engagement with key stakeholders to support meaningful use of Watson Health solutions. He/she will engage with key stakeholders and institutions and build relationships with potential clients to advocate the use of innovative informatics and technology in a healthcare setting. The SME will ensure excellence in customer relationships by communicating needs from clinicians to technology leads and vice versa to deliver solutions aligned with client's organizational objectives. In addition, the SME will provide clinical expertise to the company's research and publication work. He/she will support compliance with accrediting and certifying bodies and federal, state and local agencies. The SME will collaborate with the Go-to-market Teams, Product Offering Leads, and Chief Medical Officer.
This SME has responsibilities in three overarching areas;Develop Product Insights:
Execute Client Opportunity:
- Provide strategic and clinical expertise to offering management, innovation and sales teams to inform high value oncology development/improvements and intuitive, seamless clinical health workflow design.
- Collaborate among global product offerings teams to ensure clinically relevant approach to client engagements
Engage External Market and IBM Network Externally:
- Provide clinical oncology expertise for key customer engagements during use case definition, solution design and implementation.
- Facilitate opportunities of collaborations by brokering trust and understanding among key health/healthcare stakeholders (e.g., academic medical centers, medical associations, non-governmental health agencies, etc.)
- Engage with key health/healthcare stakeholders (e.g., key opinion leaders, medical assoc., government, policy organizations, etc.) to inform and shape cognitive health marketplace and represent IBM Watson Health point of view.
- Develop publication strategy (especially for top tier healthcare professional journals), including clinical trials/health services research strategy, to demonstrate clinical effectiveness, guide innovation, and support go-to-market efforts;
- Collaborate with corporate citizenship organization to drive and execute on Watson Health mission for underserved, needy, global communities.
- Engage clinical health professionals across IBM to foster a strong network and community and harness oncology expertise to individually and collectively fuel Watson Health/IBM Healthcare innovation and go-to-market efforts.
- Help establish and communicate Watson Health mission and develop shared language within IBM network
- Five or more years in oncology practice; contemporary clinician who understands major trends in healthcare, quality, and understanding of clinical workflow in oncology
- Has strong business mindset and 3 or more years of industry experience outside of clinical setting
- Strategic and innovative thinker with 2 or more years of experience in business development/consultative sales around use of technology and workflow redesign in healthcare setting
- Experience in informing design and development of innovative healthcare solutions using technology, data, and new models of care
- Strong leadership, team building and people skills
- Leader, visionary, consensus builder, innovative, effective, ethical
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.