The Database Engineer/Administrator is responsible for performing all database administration tasks as assigned to assure the availability, performance, integrity, and security of databases for large scale Data Warehouse / Decision Support Systems. Duties include database support, research, process automation, documentation, database upgrades, backup/recovery, DR testing.Essential Responsibilities:
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support and planned downtime maintenance activities.
- Work closely with Truven DBA and data warehouse team (e.g., project lead, data modelers, technical team, ETL developers) to deliver project milestones.
- Ensure compliance with all technical specifications.
- Ensure that department documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide front-line database support for customer-facing applications and databases.
- Assure the availability and performance of the various database environments.
- Participate in disaster recovery exercise planning and execution.
- Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Support and third parties, as necessary.
- Communicate with the customer through formal correspondence.
- Participate in DBA peer review sessions with other team members.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues by identifying workarounds, and driving resolution /the problem.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work with multiple development and operations teams simultaneously.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.