At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive business. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases.
We are developing a cloud-based SaaS offering in the analytics, data science and big data space for life science (pharma, medical device) and healthcare (provider, payer) customers. Our product involves a mix of relational and noSQL data stores. A strong relational database (DB2) expertise coupled with experience in big data platforms like Hadoop, Hbase and Spark will enable the successful candidate to manage rapidly increasing data stores, evolving functionality and complex business rules to assure the performance reliability and usability of mission critical software.
We are seeking a talented candidate that is passionate about data to join our team at our Cambridge headquarters. You will be part of a creative and agile development team working on challenging problems in a dynamic environment. As the Big Data Administrator you will be critical to your team's success in administering the data, developing performance driven architecture for in-memory, streaming and batch analytics on both relational and noSQL databases. As a growing team with ambitious goals, the challenge and complexity of the work you take on will be limited solely by your ability to deliver.
Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to launch or further your career.
- Development, administration, ongoing maintenance and documentation of the databases
- Designing solutions for converting traditional relational db (DB2) into distributed big data stores (Spark, HBase) to support in-memory, streaming as well as batch analytics
- Data Modeling, ETL and Warehousing
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Big Data
- Diligently working across teams to guarantee high performance, high availability and scalability.
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through DevOps tools.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.