Watson Health - Practice Leader, Analytics Services
Posted: August 30, 2017
Reference ID: 107232BR
Practice Leader, Analytics Services - serves as the single point of accountability for a portfolio of client engagements and is a primary technical subject matter expert and delivery leader on analytics and data warehousing solutions in health and human services. The Practice Leader, Analytics is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing analytics implementations and ongoing operations and maintenance, ensuring that deliverables and functionality are achieved as defined in requirements, within funding constraints and per project plans. This individual is responsible for the recruiting, management and development of technical delivery staff within the portfolio. This individual works directly with the customer, client management, the project management office and third party data suppliers and consumers to ensure the project is successful. The Practice Leader, Analytics oversees and ensures implementation of a standard systems development lifecycle for each engagement, coordinates technical response to project related change, risk and issue management in concert with a client services team. The Practice Leader, Analytics assures adherence to standard technical delivery best practices established by the organization, including architecture, delivery, staffing policies and standards.
* Holds overall accountability for all technical delivery aspects for projects within their portfolio. Provides leadership and direction for analytics architecture, design, development, testing and operations activity and ensures project and organizational objectives are accomplished.
* Plans, directs and oversees client delivery activity; ensures milestones, deliverables and functionality are achieved on time.
* Assigns work and directs the managers and leads of resource teams that are responsible for delivering technical deliverables.
* Provides input to and reviews project management plans, schedule, project deliverables, and other project documentation.
* Ensures completion of assigned project deliverables, reviews and approves project deliverables.
* Implements and continually improves processes for delivering analytics solutions.
* Reviews and resolves project issues, escalates issues as necessary.
* Determines resource allocations required to meet project demands, adjusts resource plans and resource assignments as needed to adapt to project changes, ensuring staffing levels align with project schedule and budget.
* Actively engages in leadership decisions that are impactful to the project and ensures overall project success.
* Participates in the overall functional design of all system components
* Articulates the technical architecture, roadmap, and solution details to the client, which will have both business and technical audiences.
* Works with third party vendors, data sharing partners, and infrastructure teams to successfully design, develop, and operate analytics solutions.
* Actively engages in risk identification, evaluation, strategy, action plans, and mitigation activities. Approves risk mitigation strategy and action.
* Effectively communicates with, and develops/maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project status and strategic direction is understood.
* Contributes to and approves of solution architectures developed in new business development opportunities. Represents delivery management and practice leadership during sales opportunities.