Candidates must be available to work on-site in Atlanta 5 days a week.Position Overview
The primary role and responsibility of the Project Manager is to work with the Account Lead, Data Warehouse Lead, and functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined Truven Health Program/Delivery Management guidelines/processes and client expectations. This position reports to the Leader Program Management State Government with matrix reporting to the Account Leader.Essential Responsibilities
- Create and maintain detailed work plan.
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers.
- Communicate and review work assignments with team.
- Work with project leadership to review project scope changes.
- Support delivery teams as part of implementation execution
- Manage and proactively escalate project issues and risks.
- Support development and review of Truven Health project deliverables.
- Develop Project Management Plan, using prescribed templates, for delivery to client
- Initiate project reporting to send to DDI Manager
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables.
- Provide proper project communications to Account Leader
- Assist other Program/Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
- On an as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- Mentor new and less experienced Project Managers.
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
- Support the Program Management group for project/program reporting to senior leadership.
- Adhere to Truven Program Management and CMMI guidelines, as defined for each project.
- Provide to the Account Leader project related updates for Project Portfolio tracking.
- Communicate and coordinate project management activities with client PMO, project managers, and project coordinators
- Respond to request for information or resolution of comments from the client's IV&V contractor
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.