****This position can be located in Durham, NC, Bethesda, MD, Cambridge, MA or as a telecommutable role.
IBM Watson Health is dedicated to working collaboratively with government agencies and foundations to create and implement strategies to improve population health, well-being and health care. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of maternal and child health and welfare practice, policy, and research and evaluation. In addition, we are well positioned to leverage our unique data, analytic, and information technology resources and experience in providing technical assistance. The interaction of federal and state and other external experts and our research staff creates a synergy resulting in new insights and processes, particularly for maternal and child health/well-being. With our partners, we seek the common goals of improving 1) the health/well-being of children, families, and communities and 2) access, adequate utilization, and quality of health care.
IBM and the Center for Maternal and Child Health Research offer exciting career opportunities in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
The Research Leader will direct research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects for the Federal government including leading payment and delivery reform studies, maternal and child health/well-being studies, directing a team of staff, preparing and reviewing client deliverables, managing project budgets and timelines. The Research Leader will also contribute to Federal government proposals.
- Lead the design and implementation of maternal and child health/well-being research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects to address issues on of child welfare (including foster care and adoption/guardianship), the costs and quality of healthcare, disparities in healthcare services, economic trends in cost and utilization, and/or other key health policy areas.
- Lead teams of analysts, programmers, statisticians, and researchers.
- Prepare and review client deliverables including interpretation of results, reports, technical memoranda, posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Contribute to business development activities by actively leading or collaborating on the submission of proposals.
- Identify and assist with building strategic relationships to enhance the win rate on proposals and bids.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.