The Sales Manager works with state healthcare-related agencies such as Medicaid, Health & Human Services, and State Health Insurance Exchanges to gain a thorough understanding of their healthcare business and technology needs and agendas, directs our company's procurement efforts in their assigned region, and leverages the full spectrum of Truven Health Analytics' resources to deliver value to state government and enable state agencies to achieve their business objectives. Solution and services sales includes data warehousing, data analytics, APCD, program integrity, state health insurance exchange analytics, Medicaid modernization, and population health, among others.Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities and relationships within state government agencies in the assigned territory.
- Identify key opportunities and lead winning sales strategies, working with Client Services, within assigned region.
- Deliver new business sales to meet or exceed annual quota within assigned geography for prospective new business clients and contract re-bids.
- Develop and execute on calls plans to target key decision-makers and influencers at target agencies. Assume primary responsibility for the total customer relationship during the sales cycle.
- Lead the overall sale of new business and assigned rebids by following an established capture and proposal response process, and when assigned, working collaboratively with a designated capture manager.
- Effectively build relationships, collaborate and partner with a cross-functional Truven team to strategize and meet with prospective clients and current customers. Deliver concise, compelling presentations; solution demonstrations; proposals and orals that result in new business revenue.
- Develop and execute business development plans in conjunction with leadership, client services, solutioning, and delivery groups that will meet or exceed established quota goals.
- Effectively engage in complex negotiations with prospective clients and teaming partners around business commitments and the details of each proposal.
- Maintain regular contact with senior and executive-level decision makers - utilizing both on-site sales visits and remote communication for assigned prospects.
- Represent the company at industry conferences and meetings.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.