IBM Watson Health business is the premier company empowering population health analytics. We provide care teams with proven technology to deliver timely actionable insight to provide coordinated care to their patients. The Software as a Service (SaaS)-based solution uses advanced data management technology, data sciences and predictive algorithms to identify opportunities for care improvement.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Under minimal guidance/supervision: designs, develops, evaluates and modifies Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) programs to analyze and evaluate claims data. Programs using SAS for statistical analysis and transfers of files or data to and from other databases, including those belonging to external partners. Plans, writes and executes statistical programs designed to analyze data from database. Produces tables, listings and figures. Assesses data accuracy and consistency.
Applies extensive knowledge and skills, and acts as lead programmer on project team(s). Consults in the design and development of client based reports. May provide guidance and assistance to one or two lower level programmers assigned to projects. Validates, documents and archives single-use programs. Validates and documents SAS macro library. Explores new programming and ETL technology.
Tests, documents and integrates software tools into programming procedures. Documents and reviews work processes/SOPs. Advises non-technical personnel on data retrieval and browsing of databases. Administers file-level and server-level security in support of multiple database users.RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Construction of large-scale health care research databases in a production environment
- Plan, develop and validate SAS programs for the production of claims data sets and results (tables, listings and figures)
- Develop standard macros
- Participate in developing internal projects
- Work in collaboration with the different IBM teams
- 10 years of experience in SAS data step programming and SAS macros
- 5 years of experience with healthcare claims data
- 2 years of experience with healthcare coding systems: ICD, CPT-4, HCPCS, NDC, LOINC, SNOMED
- Proven experience managing large volumes of data
- Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines and programmatic implementations there-of
- Bachelor's degree required, M.A./M.S. degree preferred
- Organized, rigorous, team player, adaptable, with initiative
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.