Highly qualified and experienced software engineer who is committed to producing quality software as part of a highly collaborative team and able to contribute to the technical direction of team and departmental leadership. Ideal candidate will follow all departmental and industry best practices including - continuous integration, code quality (zero escaped defect ideal), efficiency (throughput and elimination/minimization of waste), test automation, etc. Responsibilities:
- Follow and lead defined system development process
- Responsible for analysis of current programs, including performance tuning and optimization
- Responsible for implementation of software code including unit tests
- Provide, organize and analyze effort estimates for coding and other tasks
- Research and recommend technology selections
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to problems
- Provide guidance and help resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Produce well-written technical documentation
- Recommend process improvements and \"best practices\" across design, construction and test
- Minimum of 5+ years C++ development skills and experience or comparable work experience
- Strong Unix skills and experience with Unix scripting
- Strong relational database experience/skills
- Strong experience/skills in middle and back-end tiers of multi-tiered applications
- Dedication to quality of code, including: thorough unit testing of produced code, striving for zero escaped defect ideal, efficiency and coverage of testing of systems under development through automation of functional/integration/etc tests
- Openness to Agile/Lean development methodology required, including: commitment to quality, elimination of waste, continuous improvement, engaged participation in scrum processes (iterative development/testing with frequent artifact reveals to product owners, backlog grooming, planning, etc). Previous experience and active participation in these methodologies and disciplines is highly PREFERRED but openness to enthusiastically embrace them is REQUIRED.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written and presentation) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Healthcare, Big Data, and/or Analytics experience are all pluses.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.