The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
Working under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for growing market share across industry segments that include Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Contract and Academic Research Organizations, or Public Sector. This is done through strategic cold calling, qualifying opportunities, penetrating new accounts, expanding existing client relationships, or managing strategic partnerships. ***Candidates must have: Healthcare Information Technology or Software Technology Product sales experience with a minimum of five or more years' experience in enterprise solution sales with a successful history selling into Sponsors, CROs, or AROs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work independently and collaborate with other Portfolio Sales professionals to meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Generate new business leads and manage the end-to-end sales process.
- Generate sales meetings and build business relationships within targeted accounts
- Under minimal supervision by the Regional VP of Sales develop sales strategy for assigned accounts and/or territories.
- Successfully complete technology platform training, including certification. .
- Pursue a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education.
- Achieve full proficiency at demonstrating technology solutions to prospects in client meetings and tradeshow settings.
- Collaborate with other departments and resources to complete RFIs and RFPs to meet the individual needs of prospective and active business clients.
- Develop and manage assigned accounts/territories by contacting targeted market segments and managing the pipeline on a daily basis.
- Adhere to sales pipeline and operating processes, including detailed documentation of sales and account activities by using the standardized sales methodology and associated CRM systems.
- Work closely with the Contracts and Proposal group to ensure all business contracts are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with Global Operations Group to transition closed business opportunities to the project team for development and implementation.
- Work with Senior and Executive Leadership Team, Regional VP of Sales, and Marketing to support trade shows.
- Identify and communicate possible platform improvements based on direct customer interactions and input.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management, and as position requires.
- Be a mentor for Associate Directors and Directors of Business Development to help grow and develop more junior members of the team.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.