The primary role and responsibility of a Senior Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Leader, the functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined Watson Health Program Management guidelines/processes and client expectations. Also, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Client Leaders/Managers to maintain the client relationship and mentor new project managers, as needed. This position reports to the Leader Program Management or as otherwise stated.
• Manage and proactively escalate project issues and risks
• Track and Manage budget/actual project financials
• Manage all Watson Health project deliverables
• Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
• Manage client responsibilities and expectations
• Provide proper project communications to the client, Watson Health management, and stakeholders
• Manage project billing numbers and tasks
• Assist Client Leaders with project related billing
• Assist other Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources
• Assist Client Leaders, where appropriate, with maintaining the client relationship. This may include providing support to the Client Leader/ Manager.
• Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
• Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
• Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates when needed.
• On a as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
• Mentor new and less experienced Project Managers.
• Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
• Support the Program Management group for project/program reporting to senior leadership.
• Adhere to Watson Program Management and CMMI guidelines, as defined for each project.
• Provide project related updates for Project Portfolio tracking.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.