Arconic Power and Propulsion Cleveland Operations located at 3960 S. Marginal Road is seeking Wax Finishers to work in our Patterns Business Center. Primary Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the final finishing of wax and wax/plastic patterns.Three main areas of responsibility accomplish this: removing flash; repair defects; and smooth blends.Major activities/Key challenges
Essential Knowledge & Skills / Education
- Repair defects in pattern assemblies without changing either the contour or the shape of the pattern by using wax as the filling material.
- Dressing of pour cups.
- Attach finished pattern to tree and attach pour cup to pattern gating.
- If performing gating work, assembly of plastic or wax cross arms and vent plugs must be completed.
- Reporting by data entry of finished piece into computer inventory system.
- Preparation of cores (if working on IGT patterns).
- Blue sealing if working on plastic/wax patterns.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to effectively work AND communicate as part of a cell team.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.