Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Wealth Management Client Relationship Consultant (WMCRC) is the primary service and sales support and point of contact for clients of partner Wealth Management Advisors and Associate Wealth Management Advisors.
He/She proactively contacts existing and prospective clients as part of the Wealth Management client relationship management strategy and responds to client service needs via multiple methods of contact (i.e. phone, email, written correspondence).
Additional responsibilities include all necessary follow-up communication with processing areas and clients with regard to service and/or problem resolution; as well as communication of the Wealth Management value proposition and the Consultative Sales Process.
The WMCRC integrates client service and sales support with the Wealth Management advice offering focusing primarily on advice implementation, asset consolidation coordination and client counseling on income execution; including assisting clients in completing forms and reviewing forms for accuracy.
In addition, the CRC is responsible for identifying sales and asset retention opportunities and referring to advisory team; and is accountable for coordinating sales cycle management activities, including follow-through on asset growth opportunities to ensure timely sales execution.
Acceptance of the position requires an 18 month commitment prior to posting for other roles within the organization.
- FINRA Series 7, 66 (or equivalent i.e. 63 & 65) or passage within 120 days of starting role
- State and Non-Resident Life, Health license or passage of exam within 120 days of starting role
- Industry certifications such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, etc. are highly desired
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 – 7 years working in a financial sales/service capacity with high net worth clients
- Ability to work independently and delegate non-registered items to support teams
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated relationship management ability with high net worth clients including skills in retirement product and general investment matters.
- Understanding of investment fundamentals and ability to communicate complex wealth management concepts, along with a demonstrated proficiency with TIAA-CREF products and services
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921