Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Enhance your career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, enables you to do your best work, and places an emphasis on fun.
Workday's office in Boulder, Colorado is home to the team that is delivering our next generation of collaborative productivity tools and features. We're changing the way enterprises collaborate with an array of recently launched and up-and-coming projects. Our marquee project is Worksheets, a real-time collaborative spreadsheet tool that allows users to seamlessly bring together, manipulate, and share Workday data. Check out Workday Worksheets here .
Software Development Engineer III (Web)
About Workday Boulder's Web Team
We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code and automated testing all the time. We take walks, eat lunches together, and play games to give our brains a break. We're always getting better.
Some of the reasons our engineers love the web team:
- No tech ruts : Expand your role. We work across all areas of the user interface to improve the product as a whole and share the knowledge we have acquired across the team.
- Collaboration : Our team works closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Much of our production code is written in pairs, and every commit has at least two pairs of eyes before being merged.
- A Learning Environment : Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools regularly.
- Influence : Every developer is encouraged and empowered to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location : With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance : We take this seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
About the Role
- You'll write code and tests nearly every day.
- You'll work with other developers, product management, and test engineers to refine features, squash bugs, and deliver well-tested, delightful software to our end users.
- You'll be involved in project planning, estimation, and dependency mapping.
- You'll contribute technical experience and mentorship to junior members of the development team.
- You'll help maintain and improve our Jenkins-based CI infrastructure.
You strive for technical excellence. You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks - and thinking carefully about which ones will be of real benefit in your projects. You can answer "yes" to most or all of the following statements:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you're always learning - and teaching.
- You understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- You have extensive experience working with CSS - or even better, Less or Sass.
- You are experienced with bidirectional client-to-server communication using something like WebSockets.
- You are familiar with modern web development tools such as Webpack, Babel, and NPM.