Web Designer Associate
The Web Designer Associate assists in the design and build of web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Assists with the design and development of user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
* Creates web design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for the corporate web site and for department websites.
* Ensures that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
* Creates visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients but that fit in the overall corporate image; ensure that sites are easy to navigate.
* Builds websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
* Performs maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
* Performs design analysis and makes recommendations on small initiatives with low complexity.
* Explains design solutions to client and technical resources.
Travel is not required of this position.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 3 years' experience OR 5 years of Technical work experience
* 1 year of experience in Web Design
* 1 year of experience with XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Illustrator
* 1 year of experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* 1 year of experience working on a Mac platform
* 1 year of experience using desktop publishing applications, and photography definite assets
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled