My Direct Client- The largest Search engine in the world is looking for a Web Developer at their NY location
•••••Portfolio link of work is required for all candidates.****
Content Studio is a full-service creative agency that designs and creates rich content for Google products. Our team includes content strategists, program managers and specialists in localization, tool development and operations. As a web developer for Content Studio, you'll help to build an improved user experience on our App Engine based Content Management System (python backend, AngularJS front-end) and work on other internal tools that edit and write content to our public facing Maps content.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Continuous improvement of existing code base
2. Write clean, well-designed and reusable code.
3. Lead efforts to optimize app performance and remove bottlenecks.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Improve upon existing processes through problem solving ingenuity.
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using latest web technologies.
- Write code that scales well and is easily maintainable by other developers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical 5 years experience.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Web Developer
- Excellent attention to detail.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with Google App Engine.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies.
- Experience with backend web frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- Knowledgeable in Google Closure, Python and/or Java.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.