RR Donnelley seeks an experienced Web Designer/Front End Developer to work on-site at a customer location in Oak Brook. This position will focus on the design and development of online advertising and marketing initiatives. This individual will have a clear vision and thorough understanding of the best way to utilize this medium in a corporate environment.
- Design and Develop banner ads, interactive web site elements, social media assets, emails and microsites
- Take existing promotions and design/develop them for the web
- Produce high-quality assets with a fine attention to detail
- Work closely with the client, creative director, web developer, and graphic designers and understand their roles
- Participates in client meetings as needed to facilitate discovery and scope planning
- Understand the digital production workflow and the importance of timely deliverables
- Ability to work independently, managing tight workflow and deadlines
- Monitor industry trends to make sure the work processes and products produced are relevant and appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience - web design (websites, landing pages, banner ads, microsites, promotional emails, Social Media)
- Experience with responsive design methodologies and frameworks (Bootstrap, Skeleton, Foundation, etc...)
- Proficient in Adobe CS/CC and the Mac platform
- Understanding of current web design/development standards and trends
- Knowledge of industry standards for banner sizes, formats, and file sizes
- Knowledge and/or experience with Wordpress, mySQL, source control and versioning
- Must have in-depth knowledge of user interface development best practices
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Ability to design/develop for usability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Conceptual experience and storyboarding (ability to communicate concepts/ideas to the client)
- Must have proven experience in the following software programs, markup languages and subsets:
- Adobe Master Collection - experience/knowledge of After Effects a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of cross-browser compliance and ability to troubleshoot and bug fix
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply and must include the following:
- Current resume as a PDF or Word file with salary requirements
- Portfolio samples in the form of live URLs or personal homepage – code samples will be requested and skills assessment may be required.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.