The world's leading brands use Oracle Knowledge (formerly InQuira) to power their customer support experience. Companies such as Symantec, eBay, Sprint, Yahoo, Lowe's, American Express, Intuit, and 3M rely on Oracle Knowledge to ensure that their customers consistently get the answers they need at every point of interaction - web, phone, social forums, etc.Brief Description:
- Carry out product development in architecting, designing and developing Oracle Knowledge Management tools.
- Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Engage with key stake holders, internal and external, to understand the product and user requirements.
- Has the full responsibility for the architecture of a significant, self-contained portion of a product and a small product
- Work on projects of moderate to high conceptual complexity. Specify, design and develop software according to provided requirements with sole responsibility for the design.
- Demonstrated ability to write a high quality functional spec and design documents for a major area.
- Code with no direction. Normally receives no instructions on routine tasks as well as new tasks.
- Work with other development team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design, and code reviews
- Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
- Experience in leading a small project team of 2-3 developers
We are seeking brilliant individuals with strong engineering background and proven track of records to take feature/design through the entire software lifecycle to release of robust, high quality, production code. Communication skills, both written and interpersonal, are crucial. Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment.
• Fully competent in own area of expertise
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
- 5- 7 or more years of hands-on experience in J2EE and Web application development
- Development experience with Linux, Weblogic or TomCat, Oracle Database
- Good knowledge of SDLC, SOA, algorithms, data structure, database, OOD/OOP, UML , ER Modeling, design patterns and one or more development frameworks
- May have project lead role and/or supervise lower level personnel
- Experience with one or more of the following is a big plus for this position:
- ADF or JSF
- InQuira or Fusion products
- Ant or Maven
- Cloud technology
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.