The web team is a start-up that was recently acquired by Oracle. The web product team is reinventing the consumer experience for the Utility industry by creating utility-branded web applications that brings the utilities on par with state of the art web development. These applications make it easy for the consumer to understand their energy usage in a friendly and intuitive way, and provide personalized ideas and advice on how to reduce usage. You'll be part of a team of fun, friendly, and technically skilled engineers developing innovative and user friendly web experiences. As part of this team, you will get exposure to the entire stack from building multi-tenant backend services to modular front-end web/mobile presentations, making you a much more well-rounded engineer. Responsibilities
- Design and implement the web consumer product suite with multi-tenant services, modular front-ends and multichannel support ranging from desktop to mobile devices.
- Work closely with teams in UX and product management and backend SOA service providers to surface Opower insights on the web.
- Continuously test your software to fail-fast and fail-forward to ensure the best user experience.
- Take pride in ownership of your code, supporting it in production and continuously monitoring and evolving it, based on performance metrics.
About Oracle UGBU We are a small, collegial group, full of smart and helpful people, with a prankster bone. Come, impress us with your github contributions, take charge of your career and help us transform the Utility Industry. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in software engineering, computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of application architecture, solution design and/or product development experience
- There's a special place in your heart for jQuery but you have moved on to MVC-like frameworks such as Angular and functional programming toolsets like Underscore/Lo-dash.
- You cannot fathom deploying code without continuous integration. We use Jenkins but any similar CI experience works.
- You are detail-oriented, methodical and practical, and work well with others
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You focus on building operations friendly apps that can be deployed and managed with ease
- Comfortable acting a "full-stack" engineer, capable of delivering operations-friendly solutions from server to browser and devices.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform detailed design based on provided high level design specifications. Assist in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Build enhancements (including new product features) and resolve bugs. Build and execute unit test and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Interact with QA and porting engineering about problems in the code.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.