Oracle Utilities (formerly Opower) is applying cutting edge computer science to one of humanity's greatest challenges: Energy. Our utility customers around the world give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers which we then analyze and aggregate using the latest software technologies to motivate consumers to use less energy.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our Client Engineering scrum team in Arlington, VA. About the team
The Client Engineering team is dedicated to delivering new products and customizations to the Oracle Utilities software offerings tailored to meet the demands of our largest customers. The focus will be on web development: AngularJS apps and Java REST API services, but you'll get the chance to work with the full Oracle-Opower SaaS stack from data ingest, insight calculation and creating communications on outbound channels like e-mail, SMS and even paper printing. About You
- Perhaps you only have deep experience on one side of the full-stack JS / Java development side, but you're eager to learn new technologies and put them to use.
- You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of the business, from supporting your applications in production to continuously monitoring and evolving it, based on performance metrics.
- You enjoy the challenge of maintaining and evolving a large application ecosystem. Our software has tens of millions of users and has been in production for almost a decade. Diving deep into this code to make an extension or fix a defect is an opportunity, not a chore.
- You're equally motivated to learn from others and be a mentor to junior team members.
- Experience with Angular, Ember, React or Flux.
- Experience with Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, or another unit testing framework.
- Experience designing and using Java-based REST services using technologies like JAX-RS and Jetty.
- Experience with relational databases and data schema design. You familiar with MySQL and even have had to analyze a query plan or optimized your application's data store.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.