Under the direction of the Associate VP of Marketing for Provider Solutions, and in partnership with the other team leaders, the Director, Web Development & Operations is responsible for release planning, product roadmap definition, and ensuring proper delivery of web-based solutions into our production environment. This new role will build and lead a development and functional team to ensure that product releases are delivered according to plan (e.g. scope, timeline, cost, etc.). PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and participates in technology projects; to include, project planning, project management, status updates, requirements gathering, solution design, test planning, test execution, deployment, and post-deployment support
- Partners with team members, cross-functional team leads, key stakeholders, and Provider Solutions leadership to define and manage the web product roadmap(s).
- Coordinates with all stakeholders and development teams in the creation of website release plans and to define the scope of each release.
- Coordinates with business units in creation of website development plans that incorporate strategic and tactical business initiatives.
- Liaises with the assigned Enterprise IT development team on applicable website projects
- Coordinates with various teams to ensure environmental readiness: stability, performance, optimization, and proper change management.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the various business teams in presenting the web products in sales demonstrations, creating supporting collateral and providing input throughout the sales process.
- Responsible for assigning priorities to projects, maintains project assignments, deliverables and status files.
- Plans, develops and documents policies, procedures and standards relative to web development.
- Performs various associate relations activities such as hiring, training and development, performance management and disciplinary actions.
- Meets regularly with subordinates to discuss work in progress, resolves issues, establish priorities and ensures that standards for quality and quantity of work are achieved.
- Interacts with external contacts to include hardware and software vendors, trading partners, industry groups and trade associations.
- Manages capital and operational budgets for Provider Solutions website portfolio
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Required is a minimum of four (4) years IT and/or related business experience. Demonstrated an ability to develop strong business relationships and establish best practices. A minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required along with a minimum of 5 years' experience in web product management. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- A detailed knowledge of web development processes
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with sales, customers, engineers and management
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to give sales orientated presentations and product presentations
- Well organized with demonstrated success in planning and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced organization.
- Some travel may be required- less than 15%
- Experience in building and maintaining websites and portals, and web development with complex structures for business and technology colleagues, partners, vendors, clients.
- Working knowledge of CMS platforms / WordPress. Kentico experience is highly desired.
- Experience working with responsive design principles, analytics and SEO
- Knowledge of MS SQL (writing basic queries and procedures)
- Experience with quality assurance methodologies and testing across platforms and browsers
- Some exposure to Healthcare B2B or B2C is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.