Our client supporting the Centers for Disease Control is looking for a Web Writer/Editor to join their team. This writer will support dissemination of vital public health information. The target candidate is an experienced, organized, detail-oriented Web content writer who has the ability to create from scratch and/or translate existing materials (Web pages, informational/campaign materials, or messages) into plain language, audience-specific Web and mobile content.
* Working with other writers to edit new or existing digital content for enhanced mobile access and optimized search engine results
* Analyzing existing content or content concepts and recommending and implementing changes to best address audience needs, information architecture, tagging, and Web and mobile navigation and usability
* Editing/proofreading (grammar and punctuation) the content provided by others (mostly health communication specialists and subject matter experts)
* Translating complex science and medical studies/articles, booklets, manuscripts, and other print publications, and existing Web content into plain language resulting in:
o Targeted digital content for audiences including parents, health care providers, and the general public.
o Social media content for various audiences using appropriate voice, adapting for various channels, identifying links and graphics
o Documented sources
o Guidelines and presentations for training others to perform this work
* Translating complex science/medical facts and messages and working with graphic artists to create inviting infographics
* Collaborating and coordinating with other Web content developers across CDC
* Support communication efforts for disease outbreak and emergency response
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.