Support technical lead for the ECommerce and Integration Services (EIS) WebLogic Apache team. This role will provide technical leadership for offshore resources and work closely with the EIS Baseline lead. Activities driven by this role will emphasize stability through monitoring, standardization, and automation. Works closely with the EIS baseline team lead to prioritize team tasks and deliverables. This role emphasizes technical innovation and leadership. The role will engage in support activities and provide WebLogic and Apache leadership for critical incidents. The WebLogic Apache Support Technical Lead is responsible for the following:
- Acquires and develops hands-on knowledge on such technologies and communicates the applicability and limitations of those technologies to address business challenges
- Applies knowledge to develop working proof of technology and disruptive innovation concepts using new technologies to bring concepts to life
- Partners with business, BIS backline teams and other technology partners to deliver support services
- Maintains knowledge of advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques, solid analytical skills, experience in system administration/configuration, refresh/upgrade projects and enhancements
- Proactively manages environment and helps making sure that unplanned outages are reduced or eliminated by helping provide root cause for issues
- Coordinates with other process owners to address and identify continuous improvement opportunities for incident, problem and change management processes; standard security access; release management; and other governance processes
- Provide technical support leadership for offshore resources and maintain operational stability through automation and adherence to standards.
- Partner with the EIS Baseline team lead and Infosys COE lead to develop / improve offshore team stability, capability, and "bench strength".
- Collaborate with the EIS Baseline team lead to prioritize tasks / deliverables.
- Provide on-call escalation when needed to assist with complex and critical incidents.
For Internal Use: INN2, PRS3
**Open to Purchase, NY Qualifications/Requirements Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
Skills and Capabilities:
- 3+ years experience with production support
- 4+ years Unix /Linux experience (admin background a plus)
- 4+ years experience with WebLogic (especially 10.x and 12.x)
- 3+ years experience with Apache
- Proficiency with Unix scripting
- Proficiency with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST)
- Understanding of web application technology stack (firewall, load balancer, SSO, web server, app server) and proven ability to troubleshoot problems across these layers
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis proficiency
- Developing Java-based applications is a plus
- Developing Web Services is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Leadership skills to direct off-shore resources
- Ability to communicate to both technical and management resources
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.