In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve simple to highly complex technical issues related to Oracle WebLogic Applications Servers & related technologies such as J2EE ( Java, EJB, JMS, Java Security, JVM, Performance Tuning ; Clustering etc).
Please note: This position will require working in Oracle's office. The base hours are either 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. of 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Local Time, Monday through Friday. The flexibility to work beyond standard business hours, to include weekends and holidays, may be required.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• 4-7 Years of experience in Design / Development of J2EE Application, Administration / Configuration of Application Servers (WebLogic / JBoss / WebSphere, etc )
• Hands on experience in J2EE Server Technologies such as Java, JSP / Servlets, EJB, any J2EE Application Server - Preferably (WebLogic Application Server) is MUST
• Experience in Server Side J2EE - JMS, Java Security ; Web Services ; JVM ; Cluster Technologies ; Web Services ; XML is MUST
• Experience in operating systems (Linux, Solaris), networking and database preferred.
• Exposure to other Middleware Products such as SOA, IDM, Portal, etc a plus.
• Ability to understand customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
• Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem
• Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
• Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with customer
• Strong Adherence to Process and be process champion
• Ability to work well with demanding customer environment and delight customer
For prompt consideration, please send a copy of your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.