Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hardgoods, such as welding supplies. Airgas is also the third-largest U.S. distributor of safety products, the largest U.S. producer of nitrous oxide and dry ice, the largest liquid carbon dioxide producer in the Southeast, and a leading distributor of process chemicals, refrigerants and ammonia products.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 60,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 60 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Director, Automation, the incumbent is responsible for growing the rental, lease and sales of Hard Automation weld cladding, and related welding equipment across North America. The incumbent must ensure follow up on sales leads, making presentations in a professional manner, preparing quotes, producing conceptual and final Hard Automation application drawings and expansion of current company Hard Automation sales channels. The incumbent will work directly with end user customers as well as with our field sales team.
We are looking for a Weld Automation Sales Associate who:
• Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc's health and safety guidelines.
• Develops and increases end user customer base by effective communication, assessment of needs and recommendation of all Hard Automation solutions.
• Expands current Weld Automation sales channels as well as developing and growing new sales channels such as: growing lines, cladding systems, hard automation work cell integration, and other specialized Hard Automation Integration applications.
• Makes application recommendations of Weld Automation product line.
• Trains RDA field sales teams and Airgas Adv Fab Specialists to understand our capabilities and grow standard and specialized Welding Automation sales.
• Initiates and grows relationships with all Red-D-Arc Sales Leaders to grow Weld Automation Sales within each Red-Arc District.
• Coordinates and performs onsite set up of equipment as well as demonstrations.
• Works as part of a team in providing customer solutions.
• Provides exceptional customer service
• Meets or exceeds rental and sales goals specified in the market area.
• Represents the company at trade association meetings and trade shows.
• Cold-calling and compilation of potential customers and leads.
• Maintains accurate and timely reports, including business plans and regional forecasts.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field required.
• Greater than five years sales experience in Hard Automation Engineering Sales.
• CAD training.
• Strong background in all welding processes with special emphasis on automation and SAW.
• Preference given to applicants with additional qualifications / certifications such as CWI, CWE, CRAW, NCCR Instructor, etc.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, and documents as required. Intermediate experience with MS Office Applications.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Ability to develop and execute market/business plans
• Strong interpersonal and management skills.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
• Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.