Eaton Aerospace in Bethel, CT has an opening for a Welder.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate welding machines
- Assembly, setup and maintenance of tooling
- Assist with repair/maintenance of welding machines
- Perform leak testing operations
- Operate heat treat and furnace brazing equipment
- Tig, EB welding (sample)
- Spotwelding (resistance, Tig)
- Cleaning as a weld prep
- Minor assembly in prep for weld
- Tin and drill housings
- Induction brazing/soldering (lapel)
- Perform visual inspection of parts
- Maintain quality records
- Interfaces and/or interprets customer and supplier requirements (internal)
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years welding experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of facility will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Ability to qualify to AWSD17.1
- Intermediate knowledge of written instructions, visual aids, sketches and blueprints
- Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing techniques
- Basic computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of written instructions, visual aids, sketches and blueprints
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No