1. Certified to perform difficult hand welding operations on a wide range of metals, ferrous and non-ferrous, for package units and other complex assemblies involving welding to high strength and pressure requirements according to ASME code..
2. Must be able to work from detailed drawings and schematics, must understand valves and fittings and controls to be used for different refrigerants.
3. Able to weld dissimilar metals, layout, cut and fit parts to meet drawing tolerances.
4. Operate all types of hand or semi-automatic electric machines and oxy-acetylene for welding.
5. Regulate current, voltage and select proper tips, rods and sizes for various types of welding according to individual job requirements.
6. Use hand or power tools to clean beads after welding.
7. Manipulate electrode in proper sequence and use care to lay smooth and even bead of required width (Avoid undercutting of metal).
8. Perform experimental work for non-standard parts.
9. Layout and fit work to meet drawing tolerances.
10. Detect unusual conditions or defective material and report to proper supervision.
11. Perform necessary material handling associated with the job.
12. Maintain necessary time, quality, quantity and other records.
13. Maintain clean and safe work area and equipment as required.
14. May be called upon to participate within special work teams performing various team related duties.
15. Follow all safety policies and procedures and JHRA's.
High School Diploma or GED. Must be able to certify to weld pipe open root in all positions with the GTAW and SMAW processes.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.