Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Lebanon, Indiana
Posted: February 28, 2017
Reference ID: 145188
• Satisfactorily completes company approved work sample demonstrating expertise for welding according to company standards.
• Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece
• Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead
• Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes
• Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a fixture
• Tack assemblies together
• May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follow standard safety practices and regulations.
• Other miscellaneous duties as required/assigned.
#external • High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have a minimum amount of 6 months prior MIG welding experience or have completed a MIG company approved welding program
• Certification preferred, not required
• Must be able to works independently and train others if required
• Demonstrates shop math skills
• Can interpret blueprints, specifications, production layouts, technical drawings, work orders, instructions, etc.
• Previous work-related experience and/or any vocational training, preferred