Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Welder II reports to the ATM Production Supervisor. With extensive fixturing, assembles and fabricates component parts for code tanks and final assemblies. Welds non-code assemblies by hand with multiple hand weld processes or semi-automatic machine welding. This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. 3-5 years of experience in all weld processes. Successfully complete 2G weld test. Successfully complete 4G weld test (1 hour familiarization is permitted for the test). Ability to learn & perform mag particle weld test. Proficient at reading prints. Work with small hand tools.
1. From prints, sets up component tank parts such as stacks and sub assembly parts onto and inside of shells with the aid of jigs and fixtures.
2. Welds material together completely to form component parts for tanks following weld symbols which call for complete or partial penetration.
3. Measures, fits, tacks, and welds components onto and inside of shells by operating short arc or stick welding machines and small hand tools according to prints.
4. Grinds shell to assure proper joint will be welded according to print specification. Burns with torch and/or plasma arc following drawing or print by hand or by using various types of burning equipment.
5. Welds component tank parts onto and inside of shells according to ASME code and quality control standards, using short arc and/or stick welding machine and small hand tools.
6. Visually inspects welds to assure code and quality control standards met. May perform tests or repair welds.
7. Removes weld splatter from all welds.
8. Notifies Maintenance personnel of welding machine malfunctions.
9. Must know color code of material used.
10. Air tests for leaks when necessary and repair leaks found.
11. Must complete proper paperwork when required.
12. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Vacations approved in your current department do not carry over to your new department.
Interested employees may apply for this position by going to www.mytycohr.com.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.