Welder II-Fabricator 2nd Shift
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Marinette, Wisconsin
Posted: November 10, 2017
Reference ID: 153551
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Fabricator/Assembler works under the direction of the Engineered Systems Supervisor. Fabricates, assembles and had to pass welding qualification (GMAW) Gas Metal Arc-Short Circuit, special dry chemical and AFFF fire protection and extinguishing systems.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must have a working knowledge of blueprints and previous welding experience. Must be able to pass 4-G weld test in order to fabricate and assemble special equipment products. Working knowledge of shop math is also required. Involves handling items over 50 pounds. Standing 100% of the time.
1. Assembles standard and special dry chemical or AFFF systems and sub-assembles from diagrams, prints or verbal instruction.
2. Fabricates and assembles skids, cylinder racks, cabinets and miscellaneous small parts such as nozzle and crank holder, and plates and gas tubes. Assembles Bladder tanks.
3. Assembles and tests pneumatic actuation and detection systems.
4. Operates machines such as band saws, metal shears, ultra graph, cutting wheel pipe bender, threader and hydraulic press to cut or shape components to specified dimensions.
5. Fits components together using hand tools, portable power tools, such as grinders, drills, punch press and drill press.
6. Join components using flange fittings, are welding, brazing, soldering on carbon steel, stainless steel, copper alloys and aluminum plate, angle, channel and pipe.
7. Makes up hoses using cut-off machine, kwik-krimp coupler and hose assembly machine.
8. Tests tanks and systems under pressure using nitrogen cylinder or air to 250 pounds per square inch.
9. Fabricates jigs and fixtures for welding, cutting and drilling to customer specifications. Also fabricates fixtures for other production areas.
10. Sets up and performs minor maintenance on machines as required.
11. Crates components using power and hand tools.
12. Performs related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.